Airberlin is Germany’s second largest airline operating one of the youngest fleets in the air today. Recognized as an industry leader it receives over 10 awards annually in acknowledgement of its excellent service and quality product. Airberlin’s state-of-the-art jets are highly fuel-efficient contributing to long-term reduction in pollution emissions making it one of the most eco-friendly airlines in operation.
Airberlin operates an extensive value-oriented network from 7 gateways in North America. This includes year-round non-stop service from New York (JFK) and Miami to its international hubs in Berlin and Dusseldorf and from Los Angeles and Ft Myers to Dusseldorf. There is also seasonal service from San Francisco and Las Vegas to Dusseldorf operating May through October and introducing new non-stop service from Chicago to Berlin starting in March, 2013.
From its hubs in Berlin and Dusseldorf guests can easily connect to destinations throughout Europe. airberlin flies to 162 destinations in 40 countries world-wide making it Europe’s sixth largest carrier transporting over 35 million passengers a year. Airberlin offers its travelers a value oriented product and unique flying experience on one of the youngest aircraft fleets in operation today.
Recognized as Europe’s top carriers, airberlin is Germany’s second largest airline offering nonstop service from 7 key gateways in the U.S. to Germany and beyond.
Note: Business Class flights are only available on long-haul flights
- New cabin interior design and décor
- Luxurious leather lie-flat seats with a pitch of 157 cm and a tilt angle of up to 150⁰
- Equipped with in-seat power
- Onboard bar has extensive range of drinks
- Freshly prepared gourmet and a la carte multi-course menus
- Meals are paired from a selection of six “Sansibar” wines (Sansibar is the name of one of the most famous restaurants on the island of Sylt. The wine from Sansibar is in great demand throughout Germany)
- Extensive range of beverages
- Specialty coffees and teas are available
- In-flight entertainment on short, medium and long haul flights
- Priority in-flight and ground services
- New state-of-the-art seats
- in-seat entertainment
- complimentary meal and beverage service
- complimentary baggage allowance on every flight
Airberlin is a proud member of the premium airline alliance oneworld and as a codeshare partner with American Airlines offers guests an expanded shared network with even more options and benefits. Travelers can take advantage of over 30 American Airlines departure cities in the U.S. and conveniently connect to an airberlin long-haul flight to Europe. The cooperation also allows frequent flyers to “earn and redeem” miles on either carrier.
TopBonus makes collecting and redeeming miles on airberlin even quicker and easier. Guests can easily register for topbonus online at airberlin.com/topbonus to start earning mileage. Small business owners can also take advantage of an exclusive program developed for small to medium sized businesses called business points which allows all registered company employees the ability to accrue and redeem mileage collectively.